All cameras come with 6 months warranty.
In this kit:
- Asahi Pentax ME Super SLR Camera Body
- Asahi Optical Company SMC Pentax M 50mm f/1.7 Lens
- 1x circular polarising filter (slightly damaged but still in working order)
The Pentax ME Super, introduced in 1979, is arguably one of the best consumer cameras Pentax made. It is small and very lightweight but feels really solid.
Focusing is done manually and uses a split screen/micro-prism combination focusing screen. Like a lot of the more recent cameras this Pentax has a very big and bright viewfinder giving you the info about your shutter speed.
Unlike the Canon AE-1 series, this is an aperture priority mode camera that means that all you have to do is decide on the right aperture and the camera will decide on the shutter speed for you. This is the best kind of automatic as it lets you decide on your depth of field - bokeh or no bokeh?
On top of the automatic mode this camera also has a fully manual option that lets you choose your aperture and shutter speed. This is done using the two toggles on the top of the camera. The ME super also has an extended shutter speed range going from 4 seconds all the way to 1/2000 of a second, a speed usually only available for professional models at the time like the Nikon F3.
- Type: SLR body
- Manufacturer: Asahi Optical Co.
- Year of Launch: 1976
- Film: 35mm, speeds up to 3200 ASA
- Viewfinder: pentaprism eye-level viewfinder
- Micro-prism focussing screen
- Lens Mount: K bayonet mount
- Batteries: 2x 1.5V LR44
- Shutter: Focal plane shutter, speeds B, 4 – 1/2000 second