Asahi Pentax SP500 35mm SLR camera with 55mm f/1.8 Lens
All cameras come with 6 months warranty.
In this kit:
1) Asahi Pentax SP500 SLR film camera body. -S/N-3311718
2) Asahi Opt.Pentax-M 55mm f/1.8 Lens.-S/N-3685438
The Pentax SP500 is the perfect camera for someone looking for a reliable, well-built film camera. It boasts a full-metal construction with virtually no internal electronics to worry about. The metal built also gives it an amazing feel in hand without being too heavy. It also has one of the most satisfying winding mechanisms. It is a very minimalist camera with a classic and timeless look while making it very easy to use.
Focusing is done manually. The viewfinder is bright and big. Additionally, the lenses have stop down metering, giving you an easy preview of your depth of field. The lens is a beautiful Super-Multi-Coated (SMC) Pentax lens with arguably one of the best coatings on any available 50mm lenses. The result of the SMC is a dramatic improvement in colour fidelity and brightness while minimising flare and ghost imaging.
Due to the age of the Spotmatic, their light meters tend to be burnt out. Fortunately this is not too much of an issue as these cameras function fine without batteries. This mechanical reliability is one of the main advantages of the Pentax Spotmatic. To meter a scene before taking a picture just use an external light-meter or a light-meter app on your phone (we recommend myLightmeter), or alternatively the foolproof 'Sunny-16' rule.
- Type: SLR body
- Manufacturer: Asahi Optical Co.
- Year of launch: 1976
- Film: 35mm, speeds up to 3200 ASA
- Viewfinder: pentaprism eye-level viewfinder
- Micro-prism focussing screen
- Lens Mount: K bayonet mount
- Shutter: Focal plane shutter, speeds B, 1 – 1/500 second, flash sync 1/60 second