Honeywell (Asahi) Pentax Spotmatic SPII SLR camera with Super Takumar 55mm f2.
In this kit:
1) Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SLR film camera body.
2) Asahi Opt. Super Takumar 55mm f2.
The PENTAX SPOTMATIC is the perfect camera for someone looking for a reliable, well-built film camera. It boasts a full-metal construction with virtually no internal electronics to worry about. The metal built also gives it an amazing feel in hand without being too heavy. It also has one of the most satisfying winding mechanisms. It is a very minimalistic camera with a classic and timeless look while making it very easy to use.
Focusing is done manually. The viewfinder is bright and big. Additionally, the lenses have stop down metering, giving you an easy preview of your depth of field.
Due to the age of the Spotmatics their light meters tend to be burnt out. Fortunately this is not too much of an issue as these cameras function fine without batteries.
This mechanical reliability is one of the main advantages of the Pentax Spotmatic. To meter a scene before taking a picture just use an external light-meter or a light-meter app on your phone (we recommend myLightmeter), or alternatively the foolproof sunny-16 rule.
- Type: SLR body
- Manufacturer: Asahi Optical Co.
- Year of launch: 1964
- Film: 35mm, speeds up to 3200 ASA
- Viewfinder: pentaprism eye-level viewfinder
- Lens Mount: M42 screw mount
- Shutter: Focal plane shutter, speeds 1 – 1/1000 second, flash sync 1/60 second